Like most years, this year consisted of its ups and downs; moments of fear and times of triumph. I am definitely one who likes to reflect as the year draws to an end and I’m big believer that there is a lesson to be learnt in every season; here are a few of my lessons for 2015.
1. Seasons change and things get better.
2. Do what you can where you are with what you have.
3. Ego can disguise a job or position as purpose.
4. Stepping out on faith is difficult but worth it.
5. Take your fear to God.
6. They don’t make Disney films like they used to.
7. You don’t have to carry anything alone- God has offered to take it all.
8. Downton Abbey coming to an end isn’t as horrific as I initially thought.
9. Friendships change, evolve and end. Allow them to.
10. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill album can motivate anyone to get up and create something great.
11. Family, community and great friendships are one of the many gifts from God.
12. Worrying doesn’t change anything.
13. Miracles often reside in the ‘Jungle of the Unknown’.
14. Marriage is even more beautiful when you aim to serve as opposed to take from it.
15. Bethel Music continues to remind me that when worship flows from my heart and invades my life and home; something magical happens.
16. Having a good old cry can help to restore.
17. Mediocrity will leave you uncomfortable when you know you’re destined for more.
18. There is enough grace in the moment.
19. Homeland remains one of the greatest shows of 2015.
20. MAC concealor is God’s invention.
21. Waiting for ‘More’ is worth it. Patience builds character
22. There is so much good in people when you love them beyond their flaws.
Those are just some of my findings and reminders from 2015. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Many thanks for jumping on the W TALK journey with us. There is so much to come from this network and I am grateful for your support.